Published: May 25, 2016
Tandem Instructor Jordan Hadfield has one of the world's warmest smiles, and it comes with an incredibly thorough, professional demeanor. He's a musician, sports fan, and dedicated dad, besides! Here: let us introduce you.
- Age: 31
- Birthplace: Orem, Utah
- Occupation: Professional skydiver. I'm also a student at UVU studying finance
- Total Number of Jumps: 2000+
- Skydiving Philosophy: Better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.
- USPA Licenses and Ratings: ?D-31961. Tandem Instructor. Coach. Pro Rated.
- How (and where) did you start skydiving?:? Skydive Utah. I did my first tandem with some friends because we all had work off on the same day for the first time in over a year. We wanted to do something big. Afterwards, I would have told you that I could never jump out of an airplane by myself. I thought skydivers were crazy. But the first jump was so fun, I had to do it again. The second jump hooked me--and now, here I am.
- Of all of your skydives, is there one that stands out most?: I took my wife skydiving in Hawaii on our honeymoon. There, the two things I love most in life came together in the most beautiful of places.
- What's the most amazing thing you can do in the air?: I jump wingsuits (which you may recognize as "flying squirrel" suits). They're pretty amazing.
- What kind of skydiving student were you?: I'm still a student. There is always more to learn. I look to improve and appreciate advice from those who know more than I do.
- Do you have any suggestions for students?: Never be scared to ask questions, no matter how dumb they may seem.
- What makes a great skydiver? If I had to pick one trait, it would have to be passion. Passion is the key to greatness. It's also the key to happiness.
- Pet Peeves: Bad attitudes and negativity.
- Hobbies: I'm a drummer, and have played semi-professionally for years. Recently, I've really gotten into photography because it helps me to focus on and appreciate the little things that too often go unnoticed.
Want to jump with Jordan? Request him when you book your skydive with us!